First Time Ever: Microsoft to Match Alumni Volunteer Hours With Cash
August 23, 2011
Microsoft just announced a matching cash contribution of $100 for each alumnus who volunteers at a Day of Caring activity in King County, WA. Registration is now open.
On behalf of each Microsoft Alumnus who participates on September 16th in a Day of Caring project alongside Microsoft employee volunteers, Microsoft will donate $100 to the Microsoft Alumni Foundation (MSAF) to be contributed to Alumni supported non-profit organizations doing work in King County--up to a maximum of $50,000 going out to these local nonprofit organization.
Join thousands of your friends, neighbors and colleagues on Friday, September 16 during this all-county day of volunteering. Your group might add a fresh coat of paint to a daycare center or clear a path on a hiking trail. Last year, 10,500 volunteers came together and collectively changed our community for the better at 424 project sites across King County.
Day of Caring is your chance to make a lasting impact in our community. Be a part of this fun day of community service by volunteering to improve local schools, nonprofits and parks in King County. And then see your work go even further when Microsoft matches your efforts with $100 cash. Register today! Even more volunteer activities will come online soon--especially for east King County--so check back often to see what you can do.
After completing the Day of Caring activity, alumni will receive an email asking them to vote for their top five choices from a list of MSAF supported nonprofits. The top five overall vote-getters will each get an equal share of the Microsoft matching funds.
Alumni-supported agencies eligible to receive the Microsoft donation include:
- Anti-Defamation League - PNW Chapter
- Boys & Girls Clubs of King County
- Climate Solutions
- Community & Parents for Public Schools of Seattle
- Densho: The Japanese American Legacy Project
- Foster Care Justice Alliance
- Friends of Youth
- Lake Washington College Foundation (LWCD)
- League of Education Voters Foundation
- Microsoft Alumni Foundation
- National MS Society
- Pongo Publishing
- Seattle Children's Hospital
- Seattle Girls' School
- Starlight Children's Foundation - Washington
- Technology Access Foundation
- The Center of Wooden Boats
- The First Tee of Greater Seattle
- United Way of King County
- Voices Education Project
- Washington Women in Need